Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Isle of Skye, Scotland



On of my favourite books is Wildfire at Midnight by Mary Stewart. I remember my mum recommending it to me and I loved the misty atmosphere of this romantic island off the north-west coast of Scotland. The book's synopsis is something like this ....

'Beautiful but troubled, Gianetta cannot seem to escape her past, her pain, or her ex-husband - not even in a remote hotel on the Scottish Isle of Skye. One of her fellow guests, however, is also hiding secrets . . . and a skill and penchant for murder.

And now the killer only has eyes for Gianetta . . .'

Kinloch Lodge is owned by a famous Scottish chef called Claire Macdonald and she runs a cookery school as well as a small guesthouse and restaurant. Move over Gordon Ramsay, Jamie Oliver et al - I want to eat here! The rooms look lovely and the lodge accepts four-legged guests as well (my dog Millie would love it). The tariff is quite reasonable for UK standards.

1 comment:

Cat's Experiment said...

you have good taste! miss chic!